A dear friend of mine wants me to come with a list similar to hers. I was initially horrified!!! This was something I never thought of and had never expected her / anyone else to ask me!! She persisted and I have to give in.....good friends have to yield to such pressures....
Yes, there are some things which result in a smile flitting across my face and what follows is a list of that. This is not exhaustive in any way, just a sample...
- Getting up early in the morning and seeing darkness slowly giving way to light
- Whenever I understand a new concept, whether or not related to my field of study
- Being alone and sitting with eyes closed......love it if there is the pitter-patter of rain and any soft song of ARR in the background..
- Watching and getting wet in the rain
- Reading good stories / novels / non-fictions
- Writing a good essay, with some effort put in, in collecting the data; the happiness multiplies if I post it on my blog
- Whenever I'm praised for a good work done, by people whom I respect / hold dear to my heart
- Long duration telephone calls / face-to-face real chat with people whom I consider special
- Being near any water body - any pond, backwater, river, sea
- Long distance traveling
- Traveling along the Alappuzha-Changanassery road in late afternoons without rain
- My M Com, B Com Final Year and 10th classes - even a mere mention of those well-spent years will do
- Seeing a good song while casually surfing TV channels, only to know later that it's by ARR. (This used to happen before I had access to the Net; not any longer, as I get to know of any releases of ARR or any news related to him much before others including mainstream media do, through ARR Fans Group)
- Watching / reading anything related to ARR - interviews, concerts, award functions
- Catching tunes of ARR being used in other TV programmes / films or songs copied / inspired from ARR's
- Flipping through the pages of my previous years' diaries
- Whenever yet another politician is caught red-handed in his / her act
Guess this is enough!!! Also got to add that included in the above are things which occur far and between...that's gives them a special charm!!!